Wells Angels WI | November Meeting
Monday 15th February 2016
Note of Meeting
Chair: Hanna Sorrell (President)
1. Our February meeting was an evening of gin tasting. The evening was led by Fuggles Beer Cafe. We tasted 3 gins; Anno, East London, and Bathtub Gin. Huge thanks to Alex and Harry, from that fine establishment!
Following the gin, HS introduced a small amount of official business:
2. Subs – everyone was reminded that subs were due, with payment to be made by close of play Tuesday 16th February.
3. JM updated that the official Wells Angels Quiz is now booked for 6th April, at Woods on the Pantiles. Capacity is 80 people, and tickets will be £4 each, with teams of up to 6. We will be selling tickets via the website soon, so come along, and bring friends.
4. Book group –Next meeting is Wednesday 24th of February at 7:30 at Saint Johns Yard. February book is, ‘A Little Life’. All event info is on Halo (go to events /book club). The book for March is ‘Bad Feminist’ by Roxane Gay (23rd March)..
5. JM updated that the Wells Angels walking group will next meet at Hargate Forest. This will no longer be on Mother’s Day, and is now booked for on Sunday 20th March, at 2.30pm, followed by a drink at The Bull pub on Frant road. Bring dogs, kids and others if you wish.
6. Knitting and crochet group will next meet at 7pm, on Sunday 28th February at the Royal Wells Hotel. All levels welcome.
7. SB informed the group that she and HS had attended a District Planning meeting, today, with other local WIs. We have been invited to attend a number of activities that others in the district have going on. As further details become available, they will be shared on HALO. These include:
- 9.6.16 Langton Green WI, coach trip to Hastings, including the Jerwood Gallery. £8 for coach fare only.
- 29.7.16 Southborough WI, Garden party at Badsells.
- 11/12.10.16 District Art and Craft days at Ditton Community Centre.
Hawkenbury WI are responsible for district art and craft events this years. They asked if anyone was keen to learn any particular new crafts. Should you be interested to learn something new via the District, please feed back via Sarah Bridger: email@example.com
8. The raffle followed, and we raised £48 for future fun.
9. HS closed the meeting, with a reminder that next meeting will be 7.45pm on 14th March. We will have a talk from the feminist library. The theme for next month’s raffle will be books.