Jordan Jones is an advocate for gender equality, and works with the organisation Great Men to engage men and boys and disrupt gender stereotypes. He came to speak with us at our October meeting...
The May AGM is almost upon us once again and that can mean only one thing... No, not just an open bar, but your chance to get involved with the Wells Angels WI Committee!
Do you love our WI and want to get involved with the behind-the-scenes work that makes the meetings, subgroups and events run smoothly whilst ticking *all* the WI rulebook boxes? Great!
The committee is hella fun but it's also a big commitment and a lot of work. We need you to be:
- Available to attend and occasionally host meetings on the evening of the first Monday of each month
- Enthusiastic about helping our WI run like a well-oiled machine
- Pro-active in your approach to representing your role and carrying out all duties
- Able to devote time outside of meetings to taking care of anything relating to your role
- Willing to muck in and help out with the responsibilities of other members of the team
- Great at working collaboratively with a group of amazing women
If this sounds like you, please send the following information to us via email by the end of the day of Monday 10 April, the date of our April meeting.
- Your name
- Your contact information
- A brief biography
- A brief summary of why you want to join the committee and what you would bring to the group
- A photo of your lovely face!
All nomination information will be collated into a ballot sheet so that members attending the May meeting on Monday 8 May can vote on who they would like to make up the committee for this year.
Your current committee
Since our last AGM, your current committee have been working hard to bring you a year's worth of inspiring, entertaining and educational meetings and and events.
Meet the team in advance of voting in May.
Every year, the WI rallies behind one cause to support as their annual campaign. We're all given the opportunity to suggest a resolution and around this time each year, NFWI releases a list of six resolutions that have made it to the shortlist. The six resolutions on the shortlist for this year can be found here with additional documentation about each resolution available here. Please read through the six resolutions and vote on which one you would like to see adopted as our next national campaign. VOTE HERE